This creamy paleo chicken skillet is an incredible dish packed full of vegetables in a rich creamy coconut sauce.
If you’re looking for something extra to go with this dish, then something like some fried cauliflower rice will work well with it. Personally, I prefer the dish just by itself but it can be a bit too light and you may end up a bit hungry later on.
Leftover chicken can be used in place of the raw chicken for this dish. Just simply shred the chicken add at the same time you add the coconut cream. Keep in mind any seasoning on the leftover chicken may alter the outcome of this dish.
Despite the name, you don’t need to have a skillet pan to cook this delicious dish. Any deep frying pan will work just fine. You could even use a pot but it may be a bit awkward to cook in.
This dish despite being creamy will reheat well so make sure you keep any leftovers. Simply store them in the fridge until you need to reheat them.
If you want to see how this recipe is done, then be sure to check out the video above. It will take you through all the steps to perfecting this delicious chicken skillet dish.
Paleo Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs, chopped
- 3-4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 250g (9 oz.) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1x 400ml (14.5 oz.) can coconut cream
- 2 cups fresh kale, stems removed shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet pan over high heat, fry off the bacon until it’s almost crispy.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned. Once browned place the chicken and bacon to the side.
- Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and the red bell pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the coconut cream, return the chicken, bacon and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don’t have any kale, then this can be replaced with baby spinach or just left out completely.
- You can swap the chicken thigh out for breast or as I mentioned above, leftover chicken.
- The bacon can be swapped out for something like prosciutto or even ham.
- I used just simple button mushrooms but basically any type of mushroom would work well. Portobello, shiitake or even a mix would all work well in this dish.
The nutritional information for this delicious paleo chicken skillet can be found below. This information has been estimated but should be good enough to decide on if this dish is ok for you.
This dish is incredibly tasty but you might be after something a little spicier. If so the chicken korma curry is certainly one you should try out. It comes out to be packed full of flavor from the spices and like this dish goes amazing with some cauliflower rice.
If you have any thoughts, tips or variations on this paleo chicken skillet then be sure to leave a comment below.