This delicious paleo chicken korma is a fantastic blend of spices and herbs. The result is an incredible fragrant curry that any curry lover will enjoy.
You can bulk out this curry by simply adding some delicious root vegetables. I recommend adding some sweet potatoes, pumpkin or carrots as these tend to go well in a curry. You may need to increase the cooking time slightly to ensure that the vegetables cook correctly.
If you’re looking for a side to go with this dish, then something like the easy cauliflower rice is perfect. It’s very much like traditional white rice but instead is incredibly light and won’t leave you feeling bloated. The only downside is that it does require a bit more preparation.
The bonus of making a curry paste from scratch is that you know exactly what has gone into it. It’s very common to find that most curry pastes and sauces at the supermarket contain non-paleo ingredients.
If you want to see how to make this lovely korma, then be sure to check out the video below. It goes through all the steps to getting this dish perfected.
Paleo Chicken Korma Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, crushed
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- ½ Tbsp. chili (Paste, powder or fresh)
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 500g (17 ½ oz.) chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ Cup ground almonds
- 400ml (13 ½ oz.) can coconut cream
- ½ cup chicken Stock
Dried Spice Mix
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds, ground
- In a frying pan over high heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add all the dried spices, onion, garlic, chili, ginger, tomato paste and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned.
- Next, add the ground almonds, coconut cream, and chicken stock.
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you find yourself liking this paleo chicken korma recipe, then I recommend making the dry spice mix in bulk. That way you can quickly measure what you need for this recipe (2 Tbsp.)
- You can also do this chicken korma recipe in the slow cooker with very few alterations. I do recommend reducing the amount of chicken stock unless you want a soup-like curry.
- If you love your curries hot, then try increasing the chili to one tablespoon or more. I found one tablespoon was enough to set my mouth on fire, but this still might not be enough for some people.
- You can use any cut of chicken for this dish, but I would stick to something like chicken breast or thigh.
If you’re curious about the nutritional impact of this delicious chicken korma dish, then you can find all the information you need below. Keep in mind this doesn’t take into account any extras that you might have with the curry such as the cauliflower rice.
If you’re a huge fan of curries, then you should also check out the butter chicken. Much like this dish it too uses a homemade curry paste and is packed full of flavor, well worth checking out.
I hope that you enjoy this delicious paleo chicken korma! If you come across any issues or have some feedback that you would like to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.