This incredible paleo beef stroganoff is the perfect dinner dish that goes great with some vegetable pasta. If you miss traditional stroganoff, then this is a recipe you certainly need to try out.
This stroganoff cooked out to be incredibly creamy and packed full of flavor. It has a delicious blend of paprika, beef, coconut aminos (a soy sauce alternative), tomato and of course some coconut cream. It’s quite a pleasant dinner dish that I highly recommend trying out.
To make this stroganoff paleo friendly I make use of coconut cream instead of the regular dairy cream or sour cream that’s often found in more traditional recipes. There are a few other tweaks I have made but feel free to adjust the ingredients if you feel that I didn’t get the amounts correct. Also, feel free to share any variations that you make in the comment section towards the bottom of this page.
Traditionally you would usually have this dish with some noodles or pasta, but since both of those are not allowed on the paleo diet, you can instead replace it with vegetable pasta. You can make vegetable pasta with zucchini and a spiralizer. Best of all, there is no need to cook it.
The leftovers of this beef stroganoff will keep for a few days as long as it’s covered and stored in the fridge. Just reheat over the stove, in the oven or if you’re ok with it, then a microwave.
The video below will take you through all the steps to making this delicious paleo beef stroganoff dish. It’s short, snappy and straight to the point. Alternatively, you can find the full written recipe right underneath the video.
Paleo Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 500g (1 lb.) beef, cut into strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 500g (1 lb.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup coconut cream
- In a frypan, brown the beef.
- Once browned, add the onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Next, add the tomato paste, coconut Aminos, paprika, coconut cream and the beef stock.
- Mix and allow to simmer for 15-30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The coconut Aminos can be left out if you have don’t have any around. The dish will still taste pretty good without it.
- You shouldn’t need to add any oil to this dish as the fat from the beef should provide enough of it.
- If you’re running low on money, then you can substitute the beef for ground beef instead.
One thing you probably want to know is the nutritional information for this delicious paleo dinner dish. If this is the case, then you can find all the information that you need right below. Please keep in mind this is just an estimate as it was calculated using an online tool.
If you feel like something creamy with chicken that is also paleo friendly, then the creamy paleo chicken skillet is a dish that you need to try out. It’s completely done in one pot so perfect if you hate making a ton of dishes that need to be washed up.
I hope that you enjoy this delicious paleo beef stroganoff and that you didn’t run into issues making it. If you have some feedback on the recipe, then feel free to leave a comment below.