These paleo apple muffins are a must for anyone who loves apples. They’re sweet, moist and delicious but you must be careful as you may end up eating all of them in one sitting!
If you’re new to baking on the paleo diet, then it’s important to remember that baking without gluten is a lot more difficult. You may end up with muffins, cakes, bread that just aren’t nearly as good as ones with wheat flours in it. That said once you do master gluten-free baking you will get lovely baked goods that even your nonpaleo friends will love.
These are great if you’re just looking for something to snack on or you need to cook a paleo friendly afternoon tea. One of the best things I like about this recipe is how easy it is to get it prepared quickly. It is great if you just want to get something that you can get in the oven quick so you can get other stuff done or just sit back and relax.
If you want to see how to do these apple muffins, be sure to check out our video below. If you do like the video, please make sure you subscribe, so you stay up to date with all our latest paleo recipes, guides and much more.
Paleo Apple Muffin Recipe
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- First, preheat an oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a bowl, beat together the honey, coconut oil, eggs and the coconut milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the diced apple.
- Evenly divide the paleo apple muffin mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you’re finding the apple a bit too hard in the paleo apple muffins even after cooking, you can cook it before putting it into the muffin mix. I recommend dicing the apple and either pre-cooking it in the oven for a little or in a pot over the stove. I have always found the apple comes out soft so you shouldn’t need to precook it. I believe the trick is to make sure you cut it as small as possible.
- I use either an olive oil spray or a coconut oil spray to grease my muffins trays.
- This recipe uses tapioca starch if you’re unsure about this on the paleo diet then be sure to check out my guide to using tapioca starch on the paleo diet.
- If you don’t like apple skin, then you can peel it off. Otherwise, I would just leave it on. There are not many fruit and vegetables that I would peel.
These apple muffins are incredibly tasty, but you may be interested in how much they will impact your diet. If this is the case, then you can find all the relevant information right below.
Now, these muffins are pretty good, but if you’re a fan of blueberries, you’re probably going to love my paleo friendly blueberry muffin recipe even more. It’s very similar to this one and is so easy to get prepared quickly and into the oven.
I hope this paleo apple muffin recipe turns out as good as it did for me. If you have a variation, feedback or a tip that you would love to share, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.